1. Home
  2.  » Employment Law

Working To Solve Your Employment Law Problems

Employment law should protect individuals and institutions from untenable situations. As a lawyer at Law Offices of Charles D. Houlihan, Jr., with over 30 years of experience with Connecticut employment and discrimination law, I can give you the guidance and personal attention you need.

Discrimination at work is not something you need to accept or excuse. Harassment is destructive not only to your work-life but your family life as well. You have rights as an employee, and I am dedicated to ensuring they are protected. I also help businesses that are facing employment law challenges.

What Does Discrimination Or Harassment Look Like?

Here are some examples of discrimination or harassment in the workplace:

  • Inappropriate touching
  • Sexually explicit messages
  • Romantic advances from co-workers or superiors
  • Comments about your attractiveness
  • Comments on your appearance
  • How well you may speak
  • Racist or sexist language and jokes
  • Being considered too old or too young for your current position
  • Being excluded from social gatherings

These are all signs of race discrimination, sexual harassment and age discrimination, and there are many other signs and ways your workplace can feel hostile to you. It can be very difficult working in a malignant environment. It’s important to know your rights so you can grow and flourish. An attorney can help pave the way to a brighter future.

An Employment Lawyer Here To Help You

Aside from discrimination, an experienced business attorney is crucial to consult on noncompete agreements, hiring practices, whistleblower protections and much more. If you have a dispute with your employer, reach out to an attorney with the experience to help.

Your needs are my focus. Together, we work toward a resolution you deserve. Contact me for a free consultation at Law Offices of Charles D. Houlihan, Jr., to get the answers you need about employment law. You can call my Simsbury office at 860-495-1493 or use the electronic contact form.